Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Korea - Day 3

The next morning we had abalone porridge for breakfast. Oh so sedap, I finished the whole bowl. Then we visited the Dragon Head Rock on foot, which was just across the street. The wind was super strong, it nearly blew Haikal away!hahahahaha



Then we left the Dragon Head Rock and head for The Sunrise Peak, one of the UNESCO Heritage Site. On the way, we stopped by a local orange orchard. The trees we full of fruits. We were excited thinking we could experience picking the fruits. Once we got down the tour bus, the owner of the orchard said those were fake fruits. Oh, we were fooled by the oranges! But I managed to find a few oranges still hanging on the trees. So Kaseh and haikal got the chance to pluck the oranges :)



Before we reached the Sunrise Peak we had another stop at a shooting location in Jeju-Do, the Seopjikoji or the Koji Hill. The church on top of the hill was a shooting location for a Korean Drama, All In.



Soon after that, we reached the entrance of the Sunrise Peak.



But before that we need to refuel ourself. The cold weather makes us hungry all the time! we had grilled mackerel for lunch. The fish was so fresh it taste so so good!



After lunch and solat, some of us gave up even before trying to conquer the Sunrise Peak. Halfway thru, I gave up...Kaseh refused to walk. So I took her to see the female divers. Haikal, continued the journey to the top with his daddy, and the rest. Next day, he got muscle ache and fever for being so determined.hahahaha!!!

Unfortunately the female divers weren't there so we played with the sea water. the lagoon was all I have always imagined when I was a kid...seaweeds and water puddle on the rocks, small fishes swimming in the puddle and seashells of all shapes.

Then we continued our journey visiting the Seoungeuo Folk Village, a local setting of a traditional Korean village. After that we stopped by a tea plantation, took a few photos and went straight back to the hotel. The rest continues shopping at the underground mall. I went straight to the room coz Haikal and Kaseh were too tired and cranky.

No comments: