Tuesday, April 05, 2011

The Visit to South Korea

The Pre-Korea trip was really exhausting. Packing stuff into the luggage simply a nerve-wrenching process. Haikal's winter coat were bought a day before the trip. More instant noodles and porridges as well as biscuits and other tidbits filled up the suitcase, all because of the uncertainty of food consumption in Korea.

On March 23, 2011 all bags packed, Uncle Dino sent us to the airport. This will be my first time flying long-distance on a low cost carrier. I don't want to have any high expectation.

As we arrived at the airport, we got a special check- in counter as the tour leader requested AirAsia to open up a check-in counter for us.

I was praying the flight will be tranquil and comfortable. Alas, cause it was a day flight it was chaos! I can't even close my eyes. This race who usually talked in high tone as if they are so deaf was filling up the plane. I was frustrated. I need rest. It was even more frustrating when we wanted to have our next meal, the flight attendance told us they are out of food, only instant noodle left. Sigh…

After 6 ½ hour of exhausting journey we finally arrived at Incheon International Airport. Tired and hungry, we left as soon as possible hoping we could find food. Unfortunately, restaurant in Korea closed as early as 9pm. No food for us…luckily we have the instant noodles and porridges packed in the suitcase. On the first night, we're staying in a hotel near Incheon cause we need to leave for Jeju-do (Jeju Island) the next day. When we arrived at the hotel, I was petrified with the look of the building. I started to imagine the look inside the room. I prayed hard the room will be clean and most important the toilet. Because before we left for Korea, I Googled the hotel and the room look very nice but as I stand in front of the hotel I was thinking was the picture I saw on the Internet bogus?

But when we entered the room I was amazed. It's way better. Even beyond expectation! Somehow we forgot to capture the toilet of the hotel room. TV was flat screen. Room equipped with all safety equipment such as emergency flashlight, rope to climb out the room, first-aid box and even a cute small fire extinguisher.




After having a quick meal, we went for a stroll around the hotel. It was very quiet, maybe because it's weekday. The wind was very strong because we're very near to the beach. We were freezing! Our hand and mouth got numb. There were a lot of seafood restaurant by the beach and a few people playing fireworks. a small karaoke kotak nearby the hotel...if there's no customer the karaoke kotak will play song non stop with a loudspeaker..hehehe


Then we went back to the hotel to revive our self. Packing up cause we're leaving for Jeju-do tomorrow.



In the morning we get to see view from our hotel room, overlooking the sea :)

No comments: