From Allah we come, to Allah we return
The former Mufti of Selangor, Dato' Hj Ishak Baharom has passed away today, 30th January 2008 at Sg Buloh Hospital. At noon, a friend of mine put on his status message on YM stating that Allahyarham Dato' Hj Ishak Baharom has passed away. I was totally shocked coz if it's true then I'd would be getting phone calls from my relatives! After a few phone calls, and all been cleared up, the news was not true. But he is in the hospital and in critical condition. Only later in the evening my cousin broke the news that Allahyarham has passed away at 3.05pm.
Allahyarham Dato' Hj Ishak Baharom, or called by us Pak Ngah Sahak was my late mother's cousin. His late father and my late grandmother were siblings. During childhood, it will be a must to go to his mother's house and his as well during Hari Raya. I especially, love going to his mother's house because she planted coffee bushes all around her house. Whenever I'm at her place, I would spend time finding my way around the coffee bushes plucking coffees and what tickled me most is that we called his mother Wan Teh!hehehe..but after my mother, the older siblings and wan teh passed away, none of us go to her house anymore....not during raya, let alone on normal days....maybe it's because the younger siblings of my mother wasn't that close with them as my mom and mak ngah would be.
Back to Allahyarham himself, for all the years that I've known him, he was a soft spoken person. His face shows his own characteristic, soft and calm. All I could remember is that he hold an important role as Mufti of Selangor. When my mother passed away, he rushed to our house immediately upon hearing the news and he Imam the Solat Jenazah.
When I got the news, I immediately broke to tears...i don't know why but all i can understand, he'll meet my mom there in barkhzah....all i know for sure, i miss my mom....Al-Fatihah.
No comments:
Post a Comment